Many media and journalism classes are struggling to find content resources, editing tools, and publishing tools to support their now remote students. Media and journalism students traditionally use school-based resources for those tasks, but now forced home due to Covid-19 closings, students no longer have access. SchoolTube with Wochit now solves this problem by providing a robust suite of content (200+million assets), editing, and publishing all from one easy-to-use platform. Wochit is part of SchoolTube’s Creative Studio suite of apps, which also includes Powtoon.
A Robust Video Editor for Your Classroom
The Wochit system provides the following features:
- 200+ million pre-licensed video clips, images, and music tracks
- Music search by mood, genre, pace, etc.
- Drag and drop edit bar for asset insertion
- Pre-set and free form text overlays
- Pre-formatted templates or start from scratch
- Dramatic transitions for assets and overlay elements
- Upload your own video and audio content.
- Download complete productions for use in other projects
- Integrated script editor and voice-over recorder
- Integrated camera, screen, and audio recording
- Collage feature (picture in picture) for inserting a speaker or asset overlay
Manage Remote Class Workflows using Wochit
With Wochit, media and journalism teachers can assign projects to students who in turn can use the Wochit system to create videos and presentations using the assets and tools. Students can upload their own content, add voiceovers, and use Wocht assets. Students can create unlimited projects and work on saved projects when needed. Each student can create a personal channel to which their Wochit publications are saved. As the teacher, you can be made a manager of student channels giving you full control to access and review work, and if needed unpublish or delete works.
Create School Announcement Shows using Wochit
Many media and journalism teachers are involved in creating their school’s daily or weekly school announcement shows. Wochit is the perfect platform for creating announcement shows, through a combination of uploaded and selected assets, amazing high-quality shows can be produced. Productions can then be saved to the school’s announcement channel on SchoolTube or shared live using our Virtual Classroom system.
How is Wochit priced? Can we obtain it on a class basis?
- SchoolTube offers both class-level plans and full-school programs. Request a Quote
How much storage each user has?
- Unlimited. Wochit is directly integrated within SchoolTube and we offer unlimited video hosting.
How often can the user edit and save work?
Can the user work on multiple projects at a time?
- Yes. They would save projects to their SchoolTube channel and have the ability to open and re-edit with SchoolTube/Wochit.
Can we upload our own footage and audio files?
- Yes. User-owned/created assets are first uploaded to SchoolTube and then are accessible from within the Wochit module.
How can I see examples of Wochit productions?
How could the school access their videos/presentations?
- The school can access their videos/broadcasts in a number of ways:
- videos/broadcasts do not need to be downloaded to give the school direct access.
- by sharing their URL
- by embedding the videos
- by an instructor being designated a co-publisher
- through channel management controls – making an instructor a co-manager of a student channel
How do we publish without a watermark or ad interruption?
- Video and image assets in Wochit show watermarks in their pre-published stage. Upon publication (saving to your SchoolTube account) the watermarks are removed.
- SchoolTube only plays one video ad-prior to the start of a video, which can be skipped after 5 seconds. There are no mid-roll or periodic video ads on SchoolTube. We also offer ad-free viewing and publishing plan