The first step to enjoying the full benefits of SchoolTube is learning how to upload videos.
Upload Your Video To SchoolTube
Login to your account.
Click the Up Arrow in the menu bar.
Click “Choose a Video” on the next page and browse your computer/files to select the video to be uploaded.
Fill out the Video Information Form. Note, some items are required, while some are optional. The more details you provide on your video helps others search for them on SchoolTube
Select Public or Private viewing. If Public anyone accessing SchoolTube can see your video. If Private, just those registered under your school can see your video.
Click Start Upload.
Video Uploading Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: How do I upload a video?
A: Click Add New > Select Media Upload > Click Choose file to upload > Select the file > You can then name the video, add a description and tags > Click Save. Keep in mind that it will save privately to your media page unless you save again and publish it to a channel.
Q: Why do I have to save my videos twice?
A: The first time you save a video, it saves to your media page, which is a private setting. Then you have to select the school(s) and channel(s) you want to publish it to and save again.
Q: Where should I publish my video to?
A: After uploading your video, you must select locations where you want your video(s) to be published or they will only be available in your “My Media” section (that only you can access). If you want others to be able to view your video select the following:
- Your School(s): Select your school or schools (the one without (“private”) next to it) – It is rare that students log in to SchoolTube but if you want to force students to log in to SchoolTube before they can view your video then select your school with “(private)” next to it.
- Your channel(s) – Select any and all channels of your channels that you feel your video is a good fit for
Things To Keep In Mind When Uploading Videos
- Once the upload begins you can immediately start uploading another video. Do not exit from the upload screen until the progress is complete, otherwise, your video may upload.
- After uploading, the video will appear under the MyVideo’s page of your account. Depending on the size of the video it can take a few minutes to upload. If you exit SchoolTube, you will be notified by email when the video upload has completed.
- As a moderator, all videos that you upload are automatically approved and will show also appear under the Moderate area of your account, under the Approved tab.