Quick Facts on SchoolTube
If you are looking to learn what SchoolTube is all about – this blog post is for you! This is a quick snapshot of the key factoids and features of SchoolTube.
- SchoolTube, founded in 2007, exclusively specializes in K12 video creation hosting and sharing.
- SchoolTube can be implemented FREE, supported by school-appropriate ads and sponsors, or under an ad-free subscription plan.
- Teachers and school administrators use SchoolTube to host and share teaching videos, daily announcement videos, training videos, marketing videos, and communications of all types. School life is on SchoolTube!
- SchoolTube is COPPA and ADA-Compliant, for example as videos are uploaded they are automatically captioned which is an ADA requirement.
- SchoolTube only allows verified K12 educators to join and upload videos to SchoolTube.
- Teachers have the ability to create unlimited video channels and playlists to mirror their teaching environment.
- Channels can have public or private viewing status, along with subscriptions, analytics, and loads of management features.
- SchoolTube can be implemented at the teacher, school, and district levels.
- SchoolTube supports multiple single sign-on SSO partners including Clever, Google Classroom, Schoology, Classlink, and GG4L.
- SchoolTube also offers a remote teaching app called Virtual Classroom, which is similar to Google Meet/Zoom but with specific features for teachers.
- We also offer a suite of creative services including Wochit and Powtoon, available on a subscription basis.
- Teachers and administrators can learn more by watching our video below or at https://www.schooltube.org
Teachers: If you are a teacher and would like to create an account for yourself, go to our Sign Up page, type in your school name, and complete the process. If your school is not found, please use the ADD MY SCHOOL form to request its addition to our database. (Free for US schools only, fees apply for international school additions) User guides will be sent upon approved registration.
Schools and Districts: If you would like to discuss setting up SchoolTube for your school or district, please request information and we will be in touch within 24 hours. Districts using Clever can simply request SchoolTube from the Clever dashboard. All other SSO options, such as G-Suite and Schoology, take a brief tech call to enable.
6-Minute SchoolTube Overview Video