SETDA, the State Education Technology Directors Association is hosting its first-annual SETDA TANK, a “Shark-Tank” style event designed to showcase SETDA Emerging Partners and their new and innovative K12-focused technology or services. The event will be held on June 24th and 25th and is open to SETDA members and invited participants. K12 educators and leaders are invited and welcome to view all Emerging Technology Partner “pitch videos” below, hosted on a SchoolTube playlist.
The SETDA TANK Outline
During the live SETDA TANK event, representatives from each Emerging Partner will be given 5 minutes to present their program, followed by a brief Q&A session. The event attendees will vote on each Emerging Partner with a winner announced following the event SchoolTube is helping support the event by hosting the SETDA TANK on the SchoolTube Virtual Classroom platform and Jeff Bradbury, from SchoolTube and TeacherCast will be the lending his talents as MC.
Meet the Sharks
- Luis Perez, Technical Assistance Specialist, Accessible Educational Materials (AEM) Center
- Saul Hafenbredl, Strategy Director, C. Blohm & Associates
- Rita Ferrandino, Founding Partner, Arc Capital Development
- Kevin Custer, Founding Principal, Arc Capital Development
- Stan Silverman, Chair of New York State Teacher Center Technology Committee & Professor at NYIT
Meet the SETDA Emerging Partners
- Digital Respons-Ability: Our program provides Digital Citizenship and parenting classes to schools and organizations.
- Best School: An amazing dashboard system for school management, which includes EdFi, USA Scheduler, Google Classroom, and more!
- Participate: Participate combines your favorite parts of social media and online learning to connect community members, grow organizational impact, and support scalable learning opportunities, all in one place.
- MyVerse: MyVerse psychometrically matches students and citizens to 1-5 Careers including the skills needed.
- Otus: Our products are used to engage students, measure performance, and analyze growth.
- Scrible: An award-winning Google/Microsoft integrated platform for research, writing, and close reading.
- Innive (K12 360) Analyze Overall District and School Performance in seconds and gain access to real-time operational reporting as well as historical analytics to make better decisions.
- Knowlegehook: Knowledgehook is an Instructional Guidance System (IGS) that uses engaging assessments to unlock insights and expert guidance for math teachers.
Watch the Emerging Partner Pitch Videos!
The State Educational Technology Directors Association (SETDA) is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit membership association launched by state education agency leaders in 2001 to serve, support, and represent their emerging interests and needs with respect to the use of technology for teaching, learning, and school operations. setda.org
SchoolTube is headquartered in St. Louis, MO, and is K12’s largest COPPA/ADA compliant video sharing platform for student and educator created videos. SchoolTube empowers in-classroom and remote teaching through a suite of cloud-based video creation, hosting, sharing, and fully-integrated remote classroom/screen sharing services. SchoolTube offers free and low-cost subscription-based service options.SchoolTube serves over 70,000 US schools with a growing international user community. For more information please visit the main video site at https://www.schooltube.com our information site at https://schooltube.org or write to Paul@schooltube.com.