SchoolTube is pleased to announce our National K12 Student Broadcast Journalism Festival! This Festival allows K12 students from across the United States & Canada to showcase their amazing broadcast skills and videos! Teachers, nominations are now open!
Please see below for Festival rules and details.
SCHOOLTUBE BROADCAST JOURNALISM FESTIVAL:
- Daily Winners will be announced starting May 1st, through the 2021-22 school year.
- Monthly winners will be announced the first week of the following month.
PROGRAM RULES & GENERAL ELIGIBILITY
The following rules govern all broadcast video submissions to the SchoolTube Broadcast Festival:
- Videos must be created by current K12 Student or Student Teams and nominated/submitted by their teachers.
- All K12 topics are welcome: News, Feature Stories, Sports, Show Promo’s, etc
- Videos published on SchoolTube during the previous school year are eligible to be submitted, provided they abide by all of SchoolTube’s current rules.
- SchoolTube reserves the right in its sole discretion to reject or disqualify any entries.
VIDEO SUBMISSION PROCESS
- All video submissions must be made from a SchoolTube URL.
- Teachers/Sponsor: If you do not have a SchoolTube account, create one by following the steps below.
HOW TO CREATE A FREE* SCHOOLTUBE ACCOUNT
- Go to https://www.schooltube.com/schooltuberegistration/sign-up
- Enter your school name and select when it appears. (Watch for similar school names!)
- Complete the questions & steps required for “educator” accounts.
- If your school is not listed, please request that it be added using this form: ADD MY SCHOOL
WHERE TO VIEW ALL SUBMISSIONS
- All student video submissions and weekly winners can be viewed on the SchoolTube Broadcast Fesitval Channel.
ORIGINALITY AND PERMISSIONS; INDEMNITY
- Broadcast videos must be the original work of the applicants. If a video is based upon another person’s life or upon a book or other underlying work, applicant(s) must secure any necessary rights to make such adaptations. However, it is not necessary to submit the adaptation rights agreements to SchoolTube. Neither SchoolTube nor its jurists investigate or attests to the authenticity of an applicant’s statement of authorship or rights secured. By entering the program, you represent that you have secured all necessary rights.
- Applicants are solely responsible for obtaining all necessary rights and permissions for third-party materials included in their video, including but not limited to music, trademarks, logos, copyrights, and other intellectual property rights. SchoolTube expressly disclaims all liability or responsibility for any violations of the foregoing.
SELECTED VIDEOS AND WINNERS
- SchoolTube has no obligation (other than as stated in these rules or on our website) to disclose any of the following information: i) identities of screeners or judges; ii) notes, feedback, or information relating to the submitted project; and/or iii) details regarding the submission review or selection process.
- SchoolTube explicitly disclaims any liability or responsibility for any comments, notes, or opinions expressed about a submission, whether by SchoolTube or by its volunteers.
- The judges’ decision is final.
*SchoolTube is a no-cost video sharing platform for K12 school communities, supported by school-appropriate ads and sponsors.