SchoolTube is pleased to announce our SchoolTube Video Yearbook Showcase. This showcase allows yearbook committees, teams, and their advisors to gain national recognition for their school, showcase their amazing work, and gain insights as to how other yearbook groups develop and market their yearbooks.
Participating yearbook videos must be submitted by a teacher/sponsor at their school. Please see below for all the rules and details.
SchoolTube will select exemplary yearbook videos and share them back will all participants as well as host them under the SchoolTube Video Yearbook Channel where your school can gain national recognition!
VIDEO YEARBOOK SHOWCASE RULES & GENERAL ELIGIBILITY
The following rules govern all film submissions to the SchoolTube Film Festival
- Submissions must be accompanied by a completed online entry form.
- Videos must be submitted as an online video via SchoolTube (no purchase necessary)
- Videos that may have been published on SchoolTube during the previous school year are eligible to be submitted, provided they are eligible according to all of SchoolTube’s current rules.
- SchoolTube reserves the right in its sole discretion to reject or disqualify any ineligible entries.
- No purchase necessary. This is not a contest. There are no prizes, other than the recognition generated by the hosting and sharing of submitted videos.
VIDEO SUBMISSION PROCESS
- All video submissions must be made from a SchoolTube URL.
- Yearbook Advisor/Teacher: If you do not have a SchoolTube account, create one by following the steps below.
- After your video has been uploaded to SchoolTube, copy its URL and submit it along with the requested information using the SchoolTube Video Yearbook Showcase Submission Form
HOW TO CREATE A FREE* SCHOOLTUBE ACCOUNT
- Go to https://www.schooltube.com/schooltuberegistration/sign-up
- Enter your school name and select when it appears. (Watch for similar school names!)
- Complete the questions & steps required for student/teacher accounts.
- If your school is not listed, please request that it be added using this form: ADD MY SCHOOL
- All student video submissions and weekly winners can be viewed on the SchoolTube Video Yearbook Showcase Channel.
ORIGINALITY AND PERMISSIONS; INDEMNITY
- Videos must be the original work of the applicants. If a video is based upon another person’s life or upon a book or other underlying work, applicant(s) must secure any necessary rights to make such adaptations. However, it is not necessary to submit the adaptation rights agreements to the SchoolTube Video Yearbook Showcase (“Showcase”). Neither the Showcase nor its video reviewers investigate or attest to the authenticity of an applicant’s statement of authorship or rights secured. By submitting your yearbook video to the Showcase, you represent that you have secured all necessary rights.
- Applicants are solely responsible for obtaining all necessary rights and permissions for third-party materials included in their videos, including but not limited to music, trademarks, logos, copyrights, and other intellectual property rights. Applicants are solely responsible for following their school’s policy for sharing student images and likenesses in the video, and represent that they have obtained the necessary permissions to do so. SchoolTube expressly disclaims all liability or responsibility for any violations of the foregoing.
- SchoolTube has no obligation (other than as stated in these rules or on our website) to disclose any of the following information: i) identities of screeners or judges; ii) notes, feedback, or information relating to the submitted project; and/or iii) details regarding the submission review or selection process.
- SchoolTube explicitly disclaims any liability or responsibility for any comments, notes, or opinions expressed about a submission, whether by SchoolTube or by its volunteers.
- The judges’ decision is final.
*SchoolTube is free, supported by school-appropriate ads and sponsors.
Image courtesy of A Milestone Group – amazing yearbook products for K12 schools.